On Saturday June 16th, GVRD and the City of Vallejo are
holding a grand opening of their newly desecrated park. GVRD’s flyer states that at the “Dedication Ceremony,” there will be speakers from government agencies and organizations that have “participated in the development of this unique park.”
We are asking all of our supporters to come out in force to remind them that we are still watching and that we do not agree with their plans to celebrate destruction and to use these sacred grounds as a recreational park. The Dedication Ceremony will take place between 11am and noon, but we will be arriving early at 10am. We are asking supporters the following:
- Everyone wear BLACK t-shirts
- All signage should say No Celebration for Desecration, no other messages please.
- Mexica Dancers will be with us, but we are also looking for others that would like to offer prayer/songs or spoken word.
- Please bring your own eating utensils, cups, bowls and water bottles and food to share.
- Please help us in packing out everything we pack in.
- We are looking for monetary donations. Please support us in assisting those traveling long distances by making a donation online or in cash on the day of.
- Meet at 10am. Look for security to direct you where we will be gathering.
We look forward to seeing many of our relatives and friends. Hope to see you there.